Are you still looking for a way to compress/shrink down a regular Blu-ray disc to backup it on your computer, occupying less space, or burn it to a single layer 25gb BD-R disc for playback. With Magic Blu-ray Copy, you can copy Blu-ray disc in 1:1 mode without losing any quality or copy the main movie of a Blu-ray disc to hard drive, omitting unwanted parts. Now, this Blu-ray copy software can also help you compress/shrink Blu-ray to BD 25GB and burn it a 25gb BD.
On March 7, 2013, Magic Blu-ray Copy was updated to version 2.0.0. In this version, we finally achieved the compressing/shrinking main movie feature. With Magic Blu-ray Copy now, you can compress Blu-ray main movie title which is MPEG-4 1080 to 25GB in Compress Main Movie mode. You can follow the below steps and have a try.
1. Download and install Magic Blu-ray Copy on your computer.
2. Insert your original Blu-ray disc into your Blu-ray drive and run Magic Blu-ray Copy. The Blu-ray copy will automatically load your source Blu-ray information. (You can also choose a Blu-ray folder to copy from hard drive).
3. Select a destination for the copied movie from Target, and choose “Compress Main Movie” from Copy Mode.
4. Then you'll get the following window, select a proper main movie from the "Movie to Copy" drop-down list, then select the audio tracks and subtitles you wanted. And press "OK" to save it.
If the main title of the Blu-ray disc is larger than 25GB, Magic Blu-ray Copy will automatically shrink it. If not, it will just copy the Blu-ray disc with the original quality. You may pay attention to the preview window when copying, if there's picture of the movie, it means the title needs to be compressed.
5. Press "Start" button to start copying.
The compressing/shrinking process may take a little longer than copying main movie. If you want to copy main movie of a Blu-ray DVD, you can refer to How to copy main movie only of a blu-ray DVD; if you want to burn the Blu-ray disc, please enter How to burn Blu-ray DVD disc to the recordable BD disc.